[LinuxBIOS] Trouble with new CS5530 southbridge code

Jonathan Sturges jsturges at speakeasy.net
Mon Jul 23 23:59:47 CEST 2007

Hi,
I'm making progress getting LB working on a Geode GX1-based winterm.
I'm getting very close to creating a new target for this terminal, but
for the moment am working with the eaglelion/5bcm target, as it's nearly
identical.
So I thought I'd try the new CS5530 code from last month, but I'm having
IDE troubles.  Even with:

	register "ide0_enable" = "1"
	register "ide1_enable" = "1"

...in my Config.lb, my system's Primary IDE gets disabled, and the
Secondary enabled.

The 5530 patch looks correct to me, so I don't think that's it.  I also
double-checked that the CS5530 uses the same bits and register for
enabling the IDE controllers as the CS5530A, which of course it does.

Any thoughts on what to check next?  I'm eager to try the new code.

thanks,
Jonathan