[LinuxBIOS] Winflashrom -- Current Status

Darmawan Salihun darmawan.salihun at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 06:11:23 CEST 2007

I'm currently completing the MMIO mapping routine
in the device driver, but I have a problem as follows:
- The current driver doesn't limit the application
  to map certain MMIO phy address range even if it's
  already mapped by another routine in the same
  application. I actually plan to "lock" the mapped
  MMIO phy address range so that once it's mapped, it
  must be unmapped first before another routine can map
  that range. Actually, this is to avoid two routine
  from manipulating the same area at the same time.

  My question is, do you think we really need the "lock-ing"
  mechanism in the driver? I just think it is a potential
  problem if the MMIO access is not "lock-ed".

Another note is:
The current driver limits the application capability to map
MMIO to the low_1MB address range and (4GB-20MB) to 4GB address range.

Any suggestion is welcomed.

Regards,
Darmawan