[LinuxBIOS] GA-M57SLI - Nvidia X Server

john selmys at lotuspond.ca
Wed Jul 25 03:52:25 CEST 2007

Hello,

    I managed to boot LinuxBIOS on my M57sli MB but without X. I'm using
the Nvidia proprietary driver. Here's the error message:

(EE) NVIDIA(0): The NVIDIA kernel module does not appear to be receiving
(EE) NVIDIA(0):     interrupts generated by the NVIDIA graphics device
(EE) NVIDIA(0):     PCI:7:0:0.  Please see Chapter 8: Common Problems in the
(EE) NVIDIA(0):     README for additional information.
(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the NVIDIA graphics device!

    Should I be using the free driver? My card is BFS8600GTS. Anybody
have suggestions?

John