[LinuxBIOS] [patch 2/5] New LAR access functions

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Jul 25 20:36:16 CEST 2007

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 10:06:04AM -0600, jordan.crouse at amd.com wrote:
> In preparation for adding new LAR functionality - this patch
> consolidates creating and accessing the LAR into new code utilizing
> mmap which facilitates moving about within the archive.

This part is fine..

> This code also turns the bootblock path name as a constant value.

..but I think this is a disaster. I don't think lar should know about
bootblocks, it should instead offer the functionality needed for the
caller to put special files in special places within the larfile.

> It also requires that the user specify a size when the LAR is
> created.

Since the larfile is supposed to be 1:1 of the flash chip I think
this requirement is unavoidable.

//Peter