[LinuxBIOS] [patch 2/5] New LAR access functions

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed Jul 25 21:49:33 CEST 2007

* Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> [070725 20:36]:
> > This code also turns the bootblock path name as a constant value.
>
> ..but I think this is a disaster. I don't think lar should know about
> bootblocks, it should instead offer the functionality needed for the
> caller to put special files in special places within the larfile.

It already knows about bootblocks, and that is an absolute requirement.

There is a lot more to it that putting files in certain places. The
bootblock needs to be patched up so that linuxbios knows how large the
lar file is, and potentially lots of other things.

Before we have a good concept on how to layout those files and who is
going to do that, we should not try to make things generic in a way that
we don't even plan to use.

Let's try to get this working and then enhance it to become funky.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613