[LinuxBIOS] GA-M57SLI - Nvidia X Server

john selmys at lotuspond.ca
Fri Jul 27 03:48:39 CEST 2007

On 07/25/2007 08:45 PM, Peter Stuge wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 07:09:42PM -0400, john wrote:
>
>> 2. Kernel loading is slow but initrd loading is very, very, slow.
>>

> Please try the FILO patch in this message:
>
> http://www.linuxbios.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2007-May/021586.html
>
> You don't have to enable the DEBUG_* values but if the patched FILO
> doesn't work properly I would appreciate if you could send the output
> of a version built with the DEBUG_ values enabled.
>
> You should see a bit of improvement with it applied.
>
> //Peter

I've tried the patch, with debugging enabled - see attached file.
Looks like device and filename are parsed out correctly but initrd file
reading fails with "File not found".
Also, FYI, I removed the "initrd=hde3:/boot/initrd-2.6.22.img" clause
entirely from menu.lst and filo went into a loop, loading the kernel
over and over again.
Finally, the spin-up delay patch given on the Build Tutorial does not
work. I believe a blank line is missing just before the /* Initialize */
comment.

John