[LinuxBIOS] Can we provide BIOS service base on the Linux BIOS

Tsai Jonson jonsontauoyuan at yahoo.com.tw
Sat Jul 28 17:38:31 CEST 2007

Dear Sir or Madam,
    We are a small software company in Taiwan. As you may know we have many PC manufacturer and SoC Design comapny here. May we provide them the BIOS binary code base on the Linux BIOS?
    Surely we modify some code to fit our need of the SoC we had. Is there any legal issue we need to take care?
    Note: We spent 6 months to learn and boot up the Linux BIOS on our platform. Should we open our source code? And how can we protect our intellecture property if we need to open our source?
    Very appreciate your kindly attention! Many thanks and looking forward to your advice!

Best regards, Jonson Tsai
Softton Technology