[LinuxBIOS] mkelfImage adoption on Debian and Ubuntu

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Jul 29 05:20:18 CEST 2007

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 12:56:41AM +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> images that also work for booting Etherboot/Netboot devices based
> on commercial BIOS.

This should just be a quick test - but IIRC Etherboot can boot
mkelfImage output just fine.

> In the process of packaging mkelfImage, a number of issues related
> to the upstream tarball came up, which prompted me to contact the
> people mentioned in AUTHORS

I think Eric Biederman is the person to talk to.

> The main issues are a non-pristine upstream 2.7 tarball and a
> rather convoluted autotools implementation that makes it very
> difficult to cleanly build this software in a repeatable way.

Ok. Dunno. I just ./configure && make && make install (or actually
the equivalent in my Gentoo ebuild) and it's very repeatable for me.

> I am wondering .. to become the new upstream?

Could you do it?

//Peter