[LinuxBIOS] Will it work?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Jul 30 23:44:16 CEST 2007

Hi Daniel,

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 06:27:57AM +1200, Daniel Hill wrote:
> Im just wondering if this is compatible with my computer
>
> AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+ (Venice)
> MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum (PCB 1.0) (MS-7125)

The mainboard is not supported per se..

> 00:00.0 Memory controller: nVidia Corporation CK804 Memory Controller
> (rev a3)

..but K8 and CK804 are both supported, so it could probably be made
to work if you're interested in getting into the code.

> PLCC BIOS

Is it socketed?

> Winbond W38627THF

W83627HF is supported so THF will probably work too, or only need
minor changes in the code.

> Also wondering if it will work using window x64?

I guess so, XP was booted by LB recently.

> and I assume freeDOS wouldn't work either?

I don't see why it wouldn't work? The K8 can run 32-bit code?

//Peter