[LinuxBIOS] which motherboard would be the better choice

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Sun Jun 3 21:55:52 CEST 2007

Hi Mike,

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 05:19:24AM -0700, Mike Dilworth wrote:
> as you can tell I need the HDMI feature.

Hm, I don't know much about HDMI. Would that need some special init in
the BIOS? Do we have support for such things in LinuxBIOS?

> On both I will use the AMD Athlon X2 3800+ AM2 CPU
>
> MS-7327
>
> uses AMI BIOS
> AMD 690G Northbridge and SB600 Southbridge
> integrated ATi Radeon X1250 videocard
> Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
> ATI System Drivers for RS480/RS482/RC410/SB600
> AMD HDMI Audio Drivers
> Realtek 10/100 LAN Drivers
> ATI SB600 IDE RAID Driver
> Realtek Gigabit Ethernet Drivers
> from the photos it looks like this uses ??? its nt clear DIP BIOS???
>
> Abit AN-M2HD
> NVIDIA® GeForce®7050PV/nForce 630a
> from the pictures i think this uses a PLCC: Plastic Leaded Chip Carrier

Both mainbaords are not yet supported, sorry. Neither are the chipsets
they use, so it'd be pretty much work to support them.

If you are willing to buy some other mainboard, one of the supported
ones (http://linuxbios.org/Supported_Motherboards) would be a good
choice, or have a look at the ones listed here:

http://linuxbios.org/Desktops

These mainboards are _not_ yet supported, but making them work would be a
lot easier as they use already-supported chipsets.

Uwe.