[LinuxBIOS] trying to boot Gigabyte M575SLI

Andreas B. Mundt andi.mundt at web.de
Tue Jun 5 08:29:54 CEST 2007

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 02:45:21AM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:

> Did you specify a drive also for initrd.img? /initrd.img is not
> enough, it should be hde1:/initrd.img if hde1 is the right partition.

Hi Peter,

I use the grub menu to boot. Find below my filo Config and grub menu.lst.
Where do I have to specify the drive? Both, /vmlinuz and /initrd.img are
symlinks, could this cause the problem? Both are fetched from sda5 when
booted, the root filesystem itself is on sda2 ("linux notation").

Thanks

	Andi

---------filo   Config--------------------
# Use grub instead of autoboot?
USE_GRUB = 1
# Grub menu.lst path
MENULST_FILE = "hde5:/boot/grub/menu.lst"
#MENULST_FILE = "uda1:/boot/grub/menu.lst"
# Driver for hard disk, CompactFlash, and CD-ROM on IDE bus
IDE_DISK = 1
DEBUG_TIMER = 1
DEBUG _BLOCKDEV = 1
DEBUG_IDE = 1
DEBUG_EXT2 = 1
# Add a short delay when polling status registers
# (required on some broken SATA controllers)
IDE_DISK_POLL_DELAY = 1
# Driver for USB Storage
USB_DISK = 1
# VGA text console
VGA_CONSOLE = 1
PC_KEYBOARD = 1
# Enable the serial console
SERIAL_CONSOLE = 1
# Serial console; real external serial port
SERIAL_IOBASE = 0x3f8
SERIAL_SPEED = 115200
# Filesystems
FSYS_EXT2FS = 1
FSYS_ISO9660 = 1
# Support for boot disk image in bootable CD-ROM (El Torito)
ELTORITO = 1
# PCI support
SUPPORT_PCI = 1
# Enable this to scan PCI busses above bus 0
# AMD64 based boards do need this.
PCI_BRUTE_SCAN = 1
# Loader for standard Linux kernel image, a.k.a. /vmlinuz
LINUX_LOADER = 1
-------------menu.lst   entry to boot -------

title   	Debian GNU/Linux Lenny, kernel 2.6.21-amd64
root    	(hd4,4)
kernel    	/vmlinuz root=/dev/sda2 ro console=ttyS0,115200
initrd          /initrd.img
savedefault
boot