[LinuxBIOS] MC struct

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu Jun 7 20:37:02 CEST 2007

* Peter Stuge <stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org> [070607 20:25]:
> > BUT we also want a platform specific sysinfo structure.
>
> What would it hold? Is it the initial device tree in code?

./src/northbridge/amd/amdk8/amdk8_f.h

or is this what should go in the mc structure instead?

> Sorry if you've already had to get me to drop this once, but it's the
> nice and neat structure that I imagined at the symposium when we
> started talking about dts and so on. Is my thinking wrong?

No. It will just be hard to get this done right and in time.

> > In theory. But the meminit code would know that. No need to define
> > it every time.
>
> How would it know?

Well, meminit code knows what memory controller it is written for. AMD
wont start building CPUs using 2:23.0 instead of 0:18.0

On most systems the mem controller is 0:0.0 anyways.

> I think the tree should have several ctrl nodes - one per MC. Right?

yes. It has but they are "ordinary pci devices" in the tree. we dont
have a tree at raminit time (yet?)

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613