[LinuxBIOS] epia acpi patch ( for testing only )

Ben Hewson ben at hewson-venieri.com
Fri Jun 8 22:52:09 CEST 2007

Here is a patch to add limited acpi support to the epia board. This is
purely for testing purposes. I can't guarantee it will work, however on
my 500Mhz Epia board it seems to be ok. There are changes to the
mainboard Config/Options.lb so you will need to rebuild the target,
before compiling.

This patch allows Linux to poweroff the mainboard correctly.
A shutdown -r also works, however, it should be noted that this will not
be the same a a physical
reset as I don't think the chipset supports it, at least I can't find
any references to a reset register.

There are some differences from my original BIOS. It reports only 2 CPU
throttling states, however mine reports 16 as I believe this is correct.
I have not been able to test this. Not even sure how to go about it.

Hopefully the ACPI supports S1 and S4 states (not tested) however as
there are currently no ACPI wakeup devices, if you suspend the board it
probably won't wakeup.
My main aim was to get power down working. I may have a go at including
some wakeup functionality when I get time and get my head around the
ACPI spec a little better.

best of luck
Ben