[LinuxBIOS] does reinitializing memory controller destroy all the data in ram?

RusH citizenr at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 06:40:34 CEST 2007

On 6/10/07, RusH <citizenr at gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be a lot simplier if linuxbios could just boot XP crap :(

umm no it wouldnt, I dont know what I was thinking :)

 Im asking about reinitialization because I want to implement it in
Memtest (memtest.org). I want to be able to setup memory controler the
way I like and continue the test. Memtest is big (>100KB) and Im
affraid it wont fit in cache so i need some real ram. Thats where the
'jump to CAR, reinitialize controller, jump back to ram' idea comes
from. Is it doable?

Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.