[LinuxBIOS] Got the first bytes from serial console !!!! ( was get some output on serial console of commel lv671 board, but not readable one)

Marc Jones marc.jones at amd.com
Mon Jun 18 19:24:11 CEST 2007

Dieter Bloms wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Jun 16, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
>
>>> yeah, I got the first readable output from my board.
>>> I have configured 9600 Baud in Config.lb and with 19200 in minicom I get
>>> these lines:
>>
>> cool!! What changes were needed?
>
> I've only set the "default TTYS0_BAUD=57600" in the Options.lb file and
> have to set 115200 in minicom to get the right output.

Sounds like the source or input clock is set wrong.

Try checking/changing CRF0 for UART A clock source settings.

It probably isn't the problem but you could also check CR24 bit 6,
24/48MHz input clock. This is set by a pin on the motherboard but could
be wrong or is getting changed?

http://www.winbond-usa.com/products/winbond_products/pdfs/PCIC/W83627HF_HGb.pdf

Marc

--