[LinuxBIOS] epia acpi patch ( for testing only )

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Fri Jun 22 17:54:05 CEST 2007

Ben Hewson wrote:
> This patch allows Linux to poweroff the mainboard correctly.

This works great here.  The system power button doesn't shut the system
down though (holding it cuts power of course)

> A shutdown -r also works, however, it should be noted that this will not
> be the same a a physical
> reset as I don't think the chipset supports it, at least I can't find
> any references to a reset register.
>
> There are some differences from my original BIOS. It reports only 2 CPU
> throttling states, however mine reports 16 as I believe this is correct.
> I have not been able to test this. Not even sure how to go about it.

Mine also reports 16 throttling states, and setting them works fine
(echo # > /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/throttling, where # is the desired
throttling state).  I compared speeds using the distributed.net client
benchmark, and speed matched what was expected for each throttling
state. (If you've ever wanted to make your system run like a Pentium 75,
now's your chance! ... and I remember when those were damn fast)

-Alex Mauer "hawke"