[LinuxBIOS] GX1

eyal at cohenim.net eyal at cohenim.net
Sun Jun 24 01:14:42 CEST 2007

I have a (NS GX1 + CX5530A + PC97317) board which takes forever to boot.
According to the LinuxBios documentation this sort of a board should have
been supported by v1 as "cocom" configuration, but is not supported on v2.
I have tried building using an example config file i found on the net :
But when i go into the directory and "make" it responds as follows:

gcc -x assembler-with-cpp -DASSEMBLY -E ... crt0.S > crt0.s
/bin/sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
/bin/sh: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
make: *** [crt0.s] Error 2

I think I should mention that I directed the config file to a 2.6 kernel.

I would love to hear a solution to this problem either a way to make it
work with v2.
Thank you.