[LinuxBIOS] patch: dtc now emits constructor array

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 19:34:36 CEST 2007

in the previous version of dtc, to set up the constructor array, one
had to declare it by hand
in the mainboard dts, viz:
%%

struct constructor *all_constructors[] = {
      i440bx_constructors, i82371eb_constructors, qemuvga_constructors, 0
};

This change eliminates that requirement. In the new version, if a node
in the dts has a
constructor property, e.g.:
        domain0 {
                enabled;
                config = "northbridge,intel,i440bxemulation";
                constructor="i440bx_constructors";

Then the dtc will emit the initialization automatically, adding a
pointer to the all_constructors array for each constructor.

Should we allow this?
constructor=["i440bx_constructors", "i440gx_constructors"];
so we can allow lots of things? We're still not sure.

Note that with this change, and the other dts change that is
committed, the need to put C in the dts file is now removed. This
should make you all happier. Peter?

This builds fine, but remains to be done, and, also, we need to fix
device directories and add a dts to each one.

SIgned-off-by: Ronald G. Minnich <rminnich at gmail.com>

p.s. Should I move all patch mail to main list at this time?