[LinuxBIOS] patch: add arch-dependent lib

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Tue Jun 26 01:21:27 CEST 2007

Sorry for being so quiet lately. Too much backlog. :(

Sorry also for only complaining again. :(

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 12:57:40AM +0200, Uwe Hermann wrote:
> I think we handle this differently currently (and that works fine
> so far) -- we should not include include/arch/x86/arch/lib.h
> in include/lib.h, but rather change the Makefile to add the
> include/arch/x86 path to the includes.
>
> The only drawback is that we cannot have files with the same name
> in include/arch/FOO/arch/ and include/ (but that's already the case
> for the current files).

> > +#define ARCH_X86_LIB_H
>
> Should be ARCH_X86_ARCH_LIB_H now (yes, looks stupid, but so does
> the directory hierarchy :)

I agree - I don't like arch twice.

What problem does the arch+arch directories solve?

Is there something in include/arch/x86/ that is _not_ arch-specific?
Is x86/arch/ actually needed to structure many x86 files, or is it
just abused to have neater #includes ?

If so, perhaps we can solve it in the Makefile instead. I'd prefer
-Iinclude/arch/x86 and just #include <lib.h> - even if it's just
in include/lib.h it all looks so much neater if we don't have the
extra directories.

May be a bikeshed.

//Peter