[LinuxBIOS] patch: add arch-dependent lib

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Wed Jun 27 23:23:57 CEST 2007

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 11:12:11PM +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> [070625 23:45]:
> > This header doesn't have the "part of LinuxBIOS" line and the copyright
> > holder.
>
> Just for common understanding.. What is it good for?

I think I've explained this once or twice in the past, it's a good thing
to mark the origin of the code. Just like we incorporate code chunks from
other projects (Linux, Mozilla, LZMA, etc.) our code will probably be
used elsewhere, too. This makes it _much_ easier to know who originally
wrote the code, when, who owns the copyright, aaand from which project
the code came. I had a really hard time trying to research some of the
file's origins/authors in the v2 code, I want don't want to make this
hard for others with our code...

Uwe.