[LinuxBIOS] r401 - in LinuxBIOSv3/northbridge: amd/geodelx intel/i440bxemulation

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Thu Jun 28 23:10:15 CEST 2007

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 07:12:37PM +0200, svn at openbios.org wrote:
> +#include <types.h>
> +#include <lib.h>
> +#include <console.h>
> +#include <post_code.h>
> +#include <device/device.h>
> +#include <device/pci.h>
> +#include <string.h>
> +#include <msr.h>
> +#include <io.h>
> +#include <cpu.h>
> +#include <amd_geodelx.h>

The list of includes we need in every file is getting pretty large
slowly... Should we introduce a linuxbios.h file which includes
all "core" headers such as types.h, string.h, io.h and others?
This would reduce the number of includes a lot.

(we should not put chipset- or mainboard-specific includes in
linuxbios.h, of course)

> +
> +struct gliutable {
> +	unsigned long desc_name;
> +	unsigned short desc_type;
> +	unsigned long hi, lo;

Should be u8, u16, u32 etc. as needed.

> +struct msrinit {
> +	unsigned long msrnum;

u8, u16 etc.

> +extern int sizeram(void);
[...]
> +extern int sizeram(void);

Listed twice, one must go (or rather both of them?) This should be in
some header file.

> +/**
> + * Set the GLPCI registers for the memory hole.
> + * Keeps all cache shadow descriptors sync'ed.
> + * @param shadowhi the high 32 bits of the msr setting
> + * @param shadowlo The low 32 bits of the msr setting
> +  */
> +static void set_shadowGLPCI(u32 shadowhi, u32 shadowlo)

One of the many mixed-case function-/variable-names which need
to be fixed.

> +	// Make sure all INVD instructions are treated as WBINVD.  We do this
> +	// because we've found some programs which require this behavior.
> +	msr = rdmsr(CPU_DM_CONFIG0);
> +	msr.lo |= DM_CONFIG0_LOWER_WBINVD_SET;
> +	wrmsr(CPU_DM_CONFIG0, msr);
> +
> +	enable_cache();
> +	__asm__("wbinvd\n");

We have a wbinvd() function in cpu.h now.

> +	__asm__ __volatile__("FINIT\n");

Should be a function in some header?

Uwe.