[LinuxBIOS] Flashrom move into global util/ directory

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Sat Jun 30 21:02:54 CEST 2007

Hi all,

please note that we're planning to create a new top-level directory
'util' in svn where independant utilities (which are not tied to a
certain LinuxBIOS version) will reside.

One of these utilities will be flashrom, but others will follow.

The new repository layout will look like this:

- trunk
  - LinuxBIOSv1
  - LinuxBIOSv2
  - LinuxBIOSv3 (later)
  - util
    - flashrom
    - ...

The current trunk/LinuxBIOSv2/util/flashrom will be moved into
trunk/util per 'svn mv', so the history will remain intact.

trunk/LinuxBIOSv2/util/flashrom will then become a svn:externals entry,
that is, it will still _look_ like it's in the LinuxBIOSv2 tree, but
it'll actually be checked out from trunk/util/flashrom.

LinuxBIOSv3 will probably also "get" flashrom via svn:externals into
the util/flashrom directory.

The transition should be painless (a simple 'svn up' should do), but
just in case there are problems, please make sure you save all pending
flashrom patches/modifications you may have. If there are problems
please let us know (try a fresh checkout before, though).

If nobody objects, I'll perform the required actions later this day or
tomorrow.

Thanks, Uwe.