[LinuxBIOS] Developer Docs

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Thu Mar 1 03:48:12 CET 2007

Hello,
I would like to make a suggestion. I am a newbie to the LinuxBios
world. I love what I have seen so far. I am ok at C, know a little
assembly, and would love to contribute to the LinuxBios community. But
I am not sure how to get started. I have read just about everything I
can get my hands on, but how do I go about developing a new bios for a
board? In the FAQ's it talks about some things I would need to get
started but where do I go from there. I have datasheets and all kinds
of output from linux (dmidecode, lspci, etc.), POST card. Now what?
Do I just use the code from another board and alter it to my liking? I
don't want to sound negative or upset anyone but I think alot more
people would get involved if there was more developer (src)
documentation. So, I am going to try to document my journey from point
A to B. So the next person that comes along won't be as stumped?? Make
sense or is it just me? Can someone tell me where I need to go from
here?

Thanks - Joe