[LinuxBIOS] Problems booting off Epia MII compact flash (filo)

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Tue Mar 6 15:27:51 CET 2007

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 08:19:01AM -0500, John Koleszar wrote:
> I'd still like to keep hacking on this, as it's a far more elegant
> solution than going the adapter route.

Absolutely agreed. :)

> I was under the impression that it worked by preventing the kernel
> from probing for ide2 so that it wouldn't overwrite the config done
> by linuxbios, but I obviously haven't gotten that far yet.

Here are the threads from when I was working on this:

First one, mentions that I fried a CF card:
http://www.linuxbios.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2006-September/015594.html

Discussion on the Ricoh bridge and Linux:
http://www.linuxbios.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2006-September/015633.html

After some hacking I discovered that the fried CF was in fact OK and
that there were bad bits somewhere:
http://www.linuxbios.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2006-September/015793.html