[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBios on a HP ePC C10 ?

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Fri Mar 9 06:56:59 CET 2007

Quoting Corey Osgood <corey_osgood at verizon.net>:

>> Depends on where the limitation comes from. If the proprietary BIOS
>> simply doesn't support more RAM, then maybe.
>>
>> If your northbridge/chipset doesn't support more RAM (didn't check),
>> then you're out of luck -- no BIOS will help you in that case.
> On the i815 chipset, the limit for ram is 512MB. I can only assume
> this to be the same for the i810, since the i815 is extremely
> similar. You should probably grab the i810's docs off intel.com,
> they should say in the first few pages if there's as limit and what
> it is.
>
> -Corey

Correct me if I am wrong, i810 supports 512MB PC100 with a FSB of 100Mhz,
i810E supports 512MB PC133 with a FSB of 100Mhz, and i815 supports
512MB PC133 with a FSB of 133Mhz, and then we have my baby the 830M
which is a mobile cross breede betwwen a i815 and i845 chipset and it
supports 1024MB PC133 with a FSB of 133Mhz.

Thanks - Joe