[LinuxBIOS] tools required?

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Mon Mar 12 12:20:04 CET 2007

Dear Arden,

* ardenking5 at aim.com <ardenking5 at aim.com> [070312 12:02]:
> ok just seen this and thought great another hacking project for me :)
>
> im in the process of looking through some old mother boards to find one
> compatable

great!

> my goal is to build a dedicated media center booting the linux kernel

Do you need a fast one (AMD64), or rather a small and silent one (VIA
Epia)?

> what tools/componants will be needed to flash the chips ect

There's flashrom in the LinuxBIOSv2 tree, a nice Linux command line
flash utility.

Other than that, you need gcc, python, pciutils-devel. All that stuff is
usually part of your Linux distribution.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613