[LinuxBIOS] trying to boot gigabyte m57sli-s4 / abit kn9 ultra]

Karl Erik Asbjørnsen lb at asbjornsen.org
Mon Mar 12 22:44:01 CET 2007

I had the same noapic-problem with my abit kn9 ultra after upgrading the

bios from 1.4 to 1.5 (or something like that). A few bioses later, that
problem was fixed.
The changelist for bios version 1.8 said "Enhanced compatibility with
Linux", and after that i did'nt need the noapic parameter anymore.

Anyway, I've just ordered a bios savior, so when that one arrives I
could try to make linuxbios work on my board.
The problem is I don't have a serial out on my computer, so how do I debug?
lspci -vv attached. Superio is a Winbond W83627EHG.

Flashrom seems ok after uwe added additional PCI IDs for MCP55:
[root at silver flashrom]# ./flashrom
Calibrating delay loop... ok
No LinuxBIOS table found.
Enabling flash write on NVIDIA MCP55...OK
SST49LF040 found at physical address: 0xfff80000
Flash part is SST49LF040 (512 KB)
OK, only ENABLING flash write, but NOT FLASHING.

Karl Erik