[LinuxBIOS] Getting Friendly with Flashrom

David H. Barr dhbarr at gozelle.com
Mon Mar 19 02:54:29 CET 2007

I'm trying to get Flashrom to flash a legacy BIOS image to the RD1
slot on a BIOS Savior PMC4 (thanks Eksidtata!), but I must be missing
something...

* I got flashrom checked out, compiled, and make installed.
* I show that both the W39V040B (ORG) and Pm49FL004 (RD1) are supported
* I've tested that a loose PMC Pm49FL004 is compatible with my mainboard
* I've tried issuing a flashrom line three or four times in sequence

However, I cannot get a successful write.  Any suggestions?  Excerpt follows.

-dhbarr.

dhbarr at ms7260:~/msi_orig$ sudo flashrom -vV -c Pm49FL004 A7260NMS.300
Calibrating delay loop... Setting up microsecond timing loop
401M loops per second
ok
No LinuxBIOS table found.
Enabling flash write on NVIDIA MCP55...OK
Trying Pm49FL004, 512 KB
probe_jedec: id1 0x9d, id2 0x6e
Pm49FL004 found at physical address: 0xfff80000
Flash part is Pm49FL004 (512 KB)
Flash image seems to be a legacy BIOS. Disabling checks.
Verifying flash address: 0x00015f58 - FAILED