[LinuxBIOS] Getting Friendly with Flashrom

David H. Barr dhbarr at gozelle.com
Tue Mar 20 13:57:01 CET 2007

On 3/20/07, Stefan Reinauer <stepan at coresystems.de> wrote:
> So the original image is 0xff in the first 164d0 bytes? Or did you brick
> the machine this way?

Yes, it appears that for v130 it is 0xff in the first 164d0 bytes.  Looking at
v300, it is 0xff in the first 15f58, and trying with other factory BIOS images
yeilds similar results (0xff in the first N bytes).

I have not yet issued a write in the ORG position, only read and verify.  I
erased the Pm49FL004 flash part present in the BIOS Savior, not the onboard
W39V040B.

I have two of these boards to work with, however, so I'm not averse to bricking
one as I can always hotswap.

-dhbarr.