[LinuxBIOS] Question about Config file

Corey Osgood corey_osgood at verizon.net
Tue Mar 20 23:15:08 CET 2007

ccases at navista.fr wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have an little question, the size of the chip (bios) is declare only in
>> the ../targets/<mother>/<board>/Config.lb at the line ROM_IMAGE_SIZE, or
>> is in other config file, because when y compil the size of my
>> linuxbios.rom is 128ko , but my chip is an 256ko, and ROM_IMAGE_SIZE is
>> déclare at 256*1024,
>>
>> thank's by adavance for your help,
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Ccases
>>

>> --
>>

> Sorry it's ROM_SIZE not ROM_IMAGE_SIZE everywhere

In the target Config.lb, you should have ROM_SIZE = 256*1024 (or you can
calculate it out), which I see you have, and I've got ROM_IMAGE_SIZE =
0x10000. The options in Options.lb and Config.lb (in src/...) should, in
theory, never have to be changed for a different flash part size. If
you're only building a fallback image, you'll have to adjust
FALLBACK_SIZE in Options.lb to be the size of the whole flash part
(256*1024), and also modify failover.c to only boot the fallback image,
is that maybe where the problem is?

-Corey