[LinuxBIOS] BIOS "Setup"?

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Wed Mar 21 02:33:34 CET 2007

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 01:53:46AM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> That may be a FAQ, but I couldn't find a FAQ on the website.

Yes, we'll add that.

> If I understand correctly, LinuxBIOS "just" initializes the mainboard
> and boots a payload, there is nothing like what people would usually
> call "BIOS Setup", right?

Not yet, no. It might happen as part of Google Summer of Code, see
http://linuxbios.org/GSoC (no promises yet, though).

There's a small Linux tool called lxbios which allows you to change some
LinuxBIOS settings from a running Linux system, but nothing which you
can use _before_ actually booting a system (yet).

http://lxbios.sourceforge.net/

> Then, how can one configure the mainboard, for disabling the integrated
> serial uart or the PCI IRQs for instances?  By setting parameters before
> building a ROM image?

Basically, yes. Or (for some settings) lxbios.

Uwe.