[LinuxBIOS] Question about Config file

ccases at navista.fr ccases at navista.fr
Wed Mar 21 11:07:38 CET 2007

>>  > I use the fallback and the normal mode, if my chip has a size
>> 256*1024,
>>> what  size of FALLBACK_SIZE and ROM_IMAGE_SIZE I can choose, I have
>>> some
>>> difficulty to define the role of the ROM_IMAGE_SIZE, the ROM_SIZE
>>> define
>>> the  size of the chip, the FALLBACK_SIZE define the size of the
>>> fallback
>>> mode, but the ROM_IMAGE_SIZE ??? I don't understand the goal of
>>> ROM_IMAGE_SIZE, if you have an better explaination that on the Web
>>> site,
>>> would appreciate much.
>>>

>> Just to make sure first, after changing anything in the config'lb or
>> options.lb files, you have to re-run ./buildtarget to recreate the make
>> files with the new values.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> -Corey
>>

> Thank's for all of your explaination, now have a better vision of the
> things, thanks again ;)
>
> regards
>
> Ccases

The compilation and the size of linuxbios.rom is ok now.

Some others questions :

For initialise the serial port for debugging, what is the command and or
to place it ?

If I have just create the file linuxbios.rom with etherboot for payload,
and if I test to flash my rom, normaly even if all doesn't function, at
least  will have something on the screen  or not ? if not I depend on my
VGA ?

Thank's by advance for your help.

Regards

Ccases