[LinuxBIOS] Question about UEFI payload for LinuxBIOS

xiongyi xiongyi04 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 06:09:02 CET 2007

I am a potential student applicant for the Google SoC 2007 program. And I am
strongly interested in the LinuxBIOS project, especially for the "GNUFI or
TianoCore payloads" idea. I have some background of EFI-related development,
such as knowledge about (U)EFI spec. and EFI driver/application development
in the Tiano platform, etc.  But I know little about hardware or chips.

The "GNUEFI or TianoCore payloads" idea is to get an UEFI implementation as
the LinuxBIOS payload. Essentially, LinuxBIOS need to provide the interfaces
for the GNUFI or TianoCore core foundation for this purpose, I think. I
wonder whether this project idea, namely "GNUEFI or Tiano payloads", needs
the LinuxBIOS hardware platform for development environment and some chips
knowledge. Or some emulation development environments are enough.