[LinuxBIOS] Support for VIA K8T890/VT8237

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sun Mar 25 14:50:53 CEST 2007

* Rudolf Marek <r.marek at assembler.cz> [070325 12:42]:
> Yep. Sounds as reasonable plan. I have seen in archive people asking
> for the kickstart stuff. I would like to ask too ;) I need to know how
> to fill in proper way the "root complex" structure for my board. Is
> there such information somewhere? Thanks.
There is very old documentation at
The sources are in the v2 tree, any updates are welcome.

For the K8T890 you might want to copy a CK804 board and modify it to
match the topology of your board, since it looks they are reasonably
similar in design.

> And my last question, do you support (infrastucture) the clockchips and custom
> FSB/HTT/mem ratios? I have a bit overclocked system (255 instead of 200 freq -
> all other divisors set up to match original freq). I dont need to change
> voltages, so I think I need only to change the HTT link divisors, mem divisors
> and ClockChip at 0x69)

There's no overclocking "infrastructure" for that. But since you have
the source code, you can add any overclocking bits you want at any
time during startup.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613