[LinuxBIOS] uart_init hangs?

Corey Osgood corey_osgood at verizon.net
Tue Mar 27 07:34:59 CEST 2007

Okay, so now I'm getting something, after I moved early_mtrr_init to the
start of auto.c. It looks like question marks in hexagons, all across
minicom's screen, but it is actually working. I've tried testing it at
various other speeds/settings, and the output changes, but it's all
still useless. Also, instead of hanging during uart_init(), I'm now
hanging in console_init(). Why do I always seem to end up with picky
hardware? Oh yeah, because I'm cheap :D

I'm tempted right now to just give up on the serial port and see if I
can get a VGA rom to run, but I don't know if I could do it blindly,
especially since I haven't been able to get the VGA rom to extract yet.
Anyone have one for an epia-m that they'd care to send me?

Thanks,
Corey