[LinuxBIOS] Fallback checking normal

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Tue Mar 27 13:57:05 CEST 2007

* Thomas Ekstrand <thomas.ekstrand at gmail.com> [070327 10:25]:
> > > I'm wondering wether the fallback ever checks the normal image to see
> > > if it is ok before jumping to it?
> >
> > LinuxBIOSv3 will do this.
>
> Is there a date set for LinuxBIOSv3?

the current version can be downloaded from

svn://linuxbios.org/repository/LinuxBIOSv3

> > > How is LinuxBIOS support for:
> > > SMBIOS
> > > SMI
> >
> > LinuxBIOS does "support" having those (ie. it does not
> > prevent them) but does not implement any system management
> > functionality, as it is not needed (and even discouraged) to
> > have them. What do you need them for?
>
> Donno, just checking things out! :)
> I'm doing a technical report on LinuxBIOS as part of a school project.

Great!

> Maybe it can be of some use in the documenation or something?
> I will say that I'm no expert so it's basically a summary of what you
> can find on the internet. but still...

I think LinuxBIOS can greatly use this. We're still not exactly
successfully conveying what LinuxBIOS is to our potential users. Any
step towards that helps.

> > > Vmware
> >
> > Some people on this list have been working on vmware support.
> > See the web archive.
>
> Is there a search engine for the archive?
> It's kinda hard to know which month to look at :)

google. Add the string "site:linuxbios.org/pipermail" to your search
string and you will only search the linuxbios mailing list archives.

  Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613