[LinuxBIOS] New with a GA-M57SLI-S4

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Tue Mar 27 17:40:57 CEST 2007

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 04:24:36PM +0100, Dave Crossland wrote:
> On 27/03/07, Beth <beth.null at gmail.com> wrote:
> > if someone can help me verifying the
> > steps, parameters, and so on, I think that I will try the "Russian
> > Roulette" with this board. In this case what information I must give
> > to you (some charitable soul ;) )
>
> Yes, I'm also waiting to play the Russian game :-)

I've put a howto online here:

  http://linuxbios.org/M57SLI-S4_Build_Tutorial

The idea of cutting off the chip seems like a really bad one. Desoldering
with a heat gun, and putting a socket on, is possible - a friend did it for
my board.

The m57sli code in the v2 tree is not entirely complete yet, but that will
hopefully change in a couple of days.

Thanks,
Ward.

--