[LinuxBIOS] GA-M57SLI-S4 continuity test on the second plcc socket.

Beth beth.null at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 11:22:40 CEST 2007

Hi guys (and girls). Good morning (at least here GMT+1) ;).

Well this morning I did with the help of the multimeter a continuity
test between the soldered bios and the pins that seems to be a second
bios socket, you know.

The majority of  the pins are directly connected, but there are a few
that aren't. Here are what pins are NOT connected to each other on the
two sockets:

   1,9,10,11,12,19,20,21,22,24,26,27

Maybe are unused, I don't know, and worst, I dont understand on the
datasheet of the chip what means the three names that are given to the
pins, each for these columns: A/A Mux, LPC, FWH. If someone can
clarify it ...

Another thing is something that a friend of mine says yesterday: why
instead of removing the chip, take and desolder only the vcc pin, put
a micro-switch on it, solder another chip on top of the existing and
do the same with its vcc pin, so with two micro-switches you can
select wich bios chip use. What do you think about this solution?. If
the other socked is directly connected, I don't understand the three
modes of operation of the chip as I say previously, it will be a good
thing installing the switches to both sockets and leave the original
for backup and life-guard, and use the second for testing,working,etc.

Thats all folks, for the moment ;).

Have a nice day. Jose.