[LinuxBIOS] Intel SE440BX support

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Sat Mar 31 20:31:06 CEST 2007

* Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> [070331 04:04]:
> > I _know_ V1 used to work. I had a product at Bitworks based on it.  At
> > least it worked for the Bitworks IMS board.  If you pull V1 to test then
> > I recommend that you use older gcc's and tweak the makefile to use them.
> >  I think you may need to use gcc-2.95 or gcc 3.3
>
> Do you think that makes a difference? I used gcc 4.1.2. I had to fix the
> code a bit to make it compile, but it _did_ compile. Apart from that, is
> there another reason to use an older compiler?

There's some tricky stuff. If you use asm() statements without cleanly
specifying the clobbered registers, gcc 4 will be in real trouble. gcc 3
was not for some reason.

this made FILO compile fine, but fail on loading a kernel by printing a
0 and rebooting. This stuff is nasty to debug.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613