[LinuxBIOS] Nifty device for SPI chips

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Wed May 2 01:54:15 CEST 2007

Richard Smith wrote:
> Whats your time frame for the SPI stuff?  I'd love to use it, especially
> since it would be fully supported under Linux.   But I sort of need the
> functionality now.  I could probably write some code (C though, not
> java) to deal with the SPI programming but I don't have much VHDL
> experience and coming up to speed on VHDL is a bit outside my time frame.

The PLAICE wiki got Slashdotted earlier today:
http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/05/01/0017244

The SPI bus analyzer is working. SPI Flash programming and FLASH
emulation hasn't been started yet. The logic analyzer currently runs
without the need of the MicroBlaze cpu. I was considering porting the
programming routines from Flashrom to the PLAICE.

We are getting lots of requests from developers to join the project.
It's probably a few weeks away from being ready.

-Bari