[LinuxBIOS] Question about after Jumping to LinuxBIOS

Corey Osgood corey_osgood at verizon.net
Wed May 2 09:17:43 CEST 2007

AlexHuang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a novice about porting Linuxbios, and now my message stoped at
> "Jumping to LinuxBIOS".
>
> Before this message, I see the linuxbios will do copy_and_run. I also
> dump the data in ths src address and dst address. The data in src and
> dst are all 0xFF.
>

> Could someone tell me what should be next step? And what’s wrong in my
> linuxbios

Please don't doubt post. What hardware are you using? Your ram, for some
reason, doesn't seem to be initializing correctly, or else your Super IO
is getting reconfigured, and not correctly. Is this still the Via Epia?
AFAIK, the EPIA (or rather, vt8601) has a lot of hardcoded registers,
which would have to be changed for your specific ram setup to match the
registers from the running factory bios. Look at raminit.c in
src/northbridge/via/vt8601. Also try running ram_check at the end of
main() in auto.c, to check if the ram is working correctly. The function
should already be there, just commented out, iirc.

-Corey