[LinuxBIOS] [patch 2/4] Geode LX: Norwich mainboard

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed May 2 18:53:45 CEST 2007

On 5/1/07, Uwe Hermann <uwe at hermann-uwe.de> wrote:
> On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 04:48:29PM -0600, Marc Jones wrote:
> > This patch adds support for the AMD Norwich development platform
> > based on the Geode LX processor.  The Norwich is the canonical
> > Geode reference, and will server as a good basis for other
> > Geode based platforms.
>
> So is this a physically existing product or merely a development
> board/prototype? I'm asking because I'd like to know into which
> category this should go later in the wiki:
>
> http://linuxbios.org/Supported_Motherboards

I'd say put it in as supported.

> > +#define POST_CODE(x) outb(x, 0x80)
>
> Why this? We have a post_code() function in src/console/console.c.

Marc, is it possible to use the standard one? (There may be a reason
for the macro, if so, leave it in)

> > +     SystemPreInit();
> [...]
> > +     pll_reset(ManualConf);
> > +
> > +     cpuRegInit();

Those names may be the fault of Ollie or me, not sure; Marc, change if you wish.

So, I'm with Peter, I'd go for the
Acked-by: Ronald G. Minnich <rminnich at gmail.com>
and, Marc, consider either a new patch with Uwe's recommendations or
fixup later. But I don't want to delay getting this in; there are some
customers waiting for it, literally daily.

thanks

ron