[LinuxBIOS] Suggestions for LinuxBIOS v3

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Wed May 2 23:57:46 CEST 2007

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 11:32:51PM +0200, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> I'm not about to start a direct VBE replacement,

I hope and believe noone is advocating that. :)

As for the video BIOS issues in LinuxBIOS everything it's all about
init of course. Said driver developers expect some state (could
change, but will take a long time) and the user feels warm and fuzzy
if there is confirmation that the system is working during boot (will
not change) so there are several reasons we want it.

Also, LinuxBIOS will have to set lots of legacy junk up just to make
Windows happy. Video is just one.

//Peter