[LinuxBIOS] Via 693A/694 support

Corey Osgood corey_osgood at verizon.net
Thu May 3 21:23:24 CEST 2007

Darmawan Salihun wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I've grepped through LinuxBIOS v1 and v2. I don't find any support
> for Via 694 or 693A. I have a board laying around at home. Any
> suggestion where to start with. I've read some of the porting guides but
> i'm still quite confused and starting to read the documentation.

start with the vt8601, those two northbridges are very similar. i have
some work somewhere that i started on vt694x, but right now I've got no
clue which machine it's on even. i'll try to dig it up when i get a
chance. V1, btw, does have some support for vt694 (see
src/mainboard/rcn/dc1100s and src/northbridge/via/vt694) but I'm not
sure if it actually works or not. I tried running it on my tyan s2507,
but never serial output working, let alone a full boot. There's also
early serial support in linuxbios for the vt82c686 southbridge, that
should also work on the vt82c596, possibly with a device id changed.

-Corey