[LinuxBIOS] [patch 00/10] Geode LX (round 2)

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Fri May 4 02:27:53 CEST 2007

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 12:15:48PM -0600, Marc Jones wrote:
> Here is a refresh of the Geode LX patches based on the comments from
> the list.  This set also includes the patches to add the GPL licenses
> to some of the files that Jordan posted.  This should be ready for
> commit.

Not quite yet, but we're close.

These two boards are still broken when applying the patches:

Processing mainboard/artecgroup/dbe61 (i386: ok, we're amd64)
raminit.c:45.26:
POST_CODE undeclared

Processing mainboard/digitallogic/msm800sev (i386: ok, we're amd64)
raminit.c:45.26:
POST_CODE undeclared

I guess there's only an #include missing somewhere. The other boards
which were broken by the first patch seem to work fine now.

As for license headers, the following files need some updates.
I ignored some relatively unimportant "standard" files (Config.lb and
such), but these need fixing, I think:

src/include/cpu/amd/vr.h
 - Should probably read "Copyright (C) 2003-2007 Advanced Micro Devices"?

src/mainboard/amd/norwich/auto.c
 - No license

src/mainboard/amd/norwich/cache_as_ram_auto.c
 - No license

src/mainboard/amd/norwich/chip.h
 - No license (this is trivial btw; no research required, just add the
   standard license template with "Copyright 2007 AMD" and that's it)

src/mainboard/amd/norwich/reset.c
 - No license. Looks copy+pasted _and_ it's enclosed in "#if 0" / "#endif".
   So the easiest thing to do is to just drop the file (or make it empty).

src/northbridge/amd/lx/chip.h
 - No license. Trivial, just use the template and "Copyright 2007 AMD".

src/northbridge/amd/lx/grphinit.c
 - No license

src/northbridge/amd/lx/northbridge.c
 - No license

src/northbridge/amd/lx/northbridgeinit.c
 - No license

src/northbridge/amd/lx/pll_reset.c
 - No license

src/southbridge/amd/cs5536/Config.lb
 - Missing copyright owner (but license template is there). Just add the
   "Copyright 2007 AMD" line and that's it.

src/southbridge/amd/cs5536/chip.h
 - No license

I have some more suggestions for the code, but nothing which cannot wait
until after we committed the code. As soon as the above issues are
fixed I think we can commit. Any other suggestions, or objections, from
other developers?

Uwe.