[LinuxBIOS] Support for ASUS M2N32-WS Pro.

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Wed May 9 02:25:10 CEST 2007

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 03:07:34AM +1000, Charles Hanum wrote:
> With the great work being done on the Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4, I am
> wondering how applicable this would be for the ASUS M2N32-WS board.
>
> The motherboard is a nVIDIA nForce 590

590 is a variation of MCP55, sometimes called MCP55XE it seems. I
would guess that the mcp55 code in the tree works. The revF CPUs
are also supported. It might be really easy to create a port if ASUS
haven't made strange things on the board.

> A serial port header

..this is nice to have for early debugging when creating a new port.
:)

> It has a socketed PLCC flash chip (Award BIOS).

Also useful.

> (It has ASUS CrashFree recovery from a USB flash disk
>  - if this is any use? )

No, this is a software feature of the factory BIOS.

> So in summary I am just wondering if it would be possible to
> support a consumer motherboard (AM2) with PCI-X slots.

Certainly, but it will need some work. If you want to make a go at it
I suggest to copy one of the mcp55 boards and try it out. If you're
really lucky most things will work immediately. :)

//Peter