[LinuxBIOS] Steps for successsful ram init on i440bx boards

Yuning Feng fengyuning1984 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 08:07:36 CEST 2007

2007/5/14, roger <roger at eskimo.com>:
> Would it help any if I made a list of items needed for proper Intel
> northbridge (and possibly southbridge/smbus) initialization?

This is helpful.

I think 440bx might be a good mainboard to start learning linuxbios ?
Datasheets of Intel mainboards are relatively easier to obtain and
440bx is easy to get.

There have been some tutorial to start, which are mainly on server
boards. Server boards are more expensive and it seems their datasheets
are more diffucult to obtain. I feel much more comfort while reading
code if I have some hardware documentation to refer to. Maybe some day
we could have a tutorial on widely used and well-documented desktop
mainboard ?

Just some humble opinion. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.