[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBios on a braille display ?

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Mon May 14 09:14:20 CEST 2007

Hi,

Peter Stuge :
> > So, do you think that a socket could fit if a compact flash card
> > reader does?
>
> The socket I have in mind is from Emulation Technology:
>
> http://www.emulation.com/catalog/off-the-shelf_solutions/sockets/tsop/
>
> It's 5.33mm high which is more than the most slim CF sockets, but it
> may just fit.
>
> Is it possible to use the system with the top off if the socket
> doesn't fit? Perhaps a hole could be cut in the lid?

Samuel probably knows better than I do what to answer to these
questions.

What I don't understand very well is what this socket oes exactly.
The idea would be tosolder it to the mother board, and then one would be
able to put the chip we want in the socket, meaning switching betwween a
chip containing a development BIOS and the stable one. Am I correct ?

Thanks,
Sébastien.