[LinuxBIOS] [OT] Routers using linuxbios?

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 23:28:44 CEST 2007

Hi Luis,

On 5/14/07, Luis Correia <luis.f.correia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On 5/14/07, shirish <shirishag75 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >      Are there routers which are using linuxbios? I looked at the
> > products page as well as vendors lists & went to the sites but failed
> > to find anything.
>
> Since there are no x86 compatible routers, your question does not make
> much sense.
> These routers you refer are usually embedded devices, mainly mips or
> arm based, where the bootloader does all needed board initialization.

          First of all thank you for answering to my query.
I'm still slightly confused. As per Linuxbios wiki page says it is to be used
also in embedded devices. I have been reading the wikipedia pages on the
the Linksys WRT54G series http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_WRT54G_series
as well as OpenWRT http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenWrt . Is something like that
possible in the near or far future? Also what do u mean by no x86 compatible
routers? Can u direct me to some layman literature or something which
does tell me
exactly which types of routers linuxbios supports now and will support
in the near future.

> > In case, there is an device like that would it be possible say to use
> > such a device & send diagnostic messages using telnet or something to
> > see how its holding? or ask what functionality it has in some manner &
> > it replies? I'm hoping that both the answers are in the positive. If
> > so, are there specific vendors which are selling this in consumer
> > devices.  For e.g. I have the D-Link 502-T which has a busybox (0.6.1
> > pre) which uses ash. Although I'm not much of a geek but have been
> > able to move around a bit & see that's its pretty similar to how linux
> > is .  For e.g. http://pastebin.ca/487045 is the output from the
> > ifconfig of the router I have. Looking forward for suggestions,
> > comments, flames to the same.
> > --
> >           Shirish Agarwal
> >   This email is licensed under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
>
> Nevertheless, most of them run Linux or VxWorks based operating systems.
>
> Hope I could help :)
> Luis Correia

- --
          Shirish Agarwal

065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17