[LinuxBIOS] Correct function?

Corey Osgood corey_osgood at verizon.net
Tue May 15 22:25:21 CEST 2007

joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
> Quoting joe at smittys.pointclark.net:
>
>> Hello,
>> Pardon my C, can you tell me if this function is setup correctly and
>> going to return the correct value to the register??
>>
>> /* This function sets the DRAM Controller Mode Register to NOP. */
>> static long set_drc_mode_nop(const struct mem_controller *ctrl)
>> {
>>        pci_write_config32(ctrl->f0, DRC, (1<<4));
>> 	return 0;
>> }
>>

>> Thanks - Joe
>>

> Let me elaborate on this. I am wondering if I can use a Bitwise Shift
> Operator in this function or does it need to be a 32 bit hex variable.
>
> pci_write_config32(ctrl->f0, DRC, (1<<4));
>

> Thanks - Joe

Whoops, sorry, meant to respond. Yes, you can use bitwise shift, it just
gets converted to a hex value. Is 0x10 the correct value though? You'd
also run into complexities with CBR, which would be something like (1 <<
4)|(1 << 5). I'd much rather see NOP defined like it is in the 440bx's
raminit.c, it makes things much more readable.

-Corey